March 6, 2012

Orange Dreamsicle Chia Seed Pudding - VEGAN / GLUTEN-FREE

Posted by Butterly Fabulous at 8:58 PM
I'm not sure what it is about Spring that makes me want to try new things. I want to try new outfits, shoes & of course, new recipes that I haven't tried before. I even tried zip lining, for the first time, a few weeks ago!! I seem to get this adventurous "bug" in me that I just can't contain lol. So when I saw a recipe from Whole Foods for Chia Pudding...I had to try it & make my own variations :D. I love the fact that it's so extremely simple to make. Healthy, fast & delicious...I like that combination!

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 Tbs chia seeds
  • 1 c unsweetened coconut milk (I use Trader Joe's brand)
  • Juice of 1/2 an orange 
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla bean paste (regular vanilla extract is ok too)
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp orange zest (optional)
  • 1/2 packet of Stevia sweetener or agave syrup (to taste) (I used Trader Joe's brand Stevia)
DIRECTIONS
  • Combine chia seeds & coconut milk in a small bowl. Stir well to combine, cover with plastic wrap & let rest in the fridge for 15 min.
  • Add the rest of the ingredients & stir well.
  • ENJOY!
You can store this in the fridge for up to 24 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another variation I made was Cinnamon Peach :).



INGREDIENTS
  • 3 Tbs chia seeds
  • 1 c unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1/4 c of diced fresh or frozen peaches (let thaw if using frozen)
  • 1/8 tsp of Saigon cinnamon
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 1/2 packet of Stevia sweetener or agave syrup (to taste)
Since this variation has fruit in it, it's best to eat it the day of ;). How could you resist anyways?! What other variations have you tried? Would love to hear about it!

0 comments on "Orange Dreamsicle Chia Seed Pudding - VEGAN / GLUTEN-FREE"

Post a Comment