April 4, 2012

Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip Cookies

Posted by Butterly Fabulous at 9:38 PM
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jose Bowen.
*His recipe, my kitchen.*


I've been on a cookie kick lately =). I had been searching for an outstanding oatmeal cookie recipe that satisfied the masses. I read review after review of countless recipes and came across this one. Ohhh my goodness...the reviews were fantastic and just reading them made my mouth water.

Now, I collect recipes from all over. I have a gazillion cookbooks, sites I frequent, recipes from school, family and ones that I have created on my own. This recipe, for some reason, was screaming out to me! As soon as I was done reading it, I jumped out of my chair and made a mad dash to the kitchen. I *rarely* do that! I usually save the recipe and eventually try it out weeks, if not moths, later. Let me tell you, I'm glad I didn't wait...the outcome was FANTASTIC!

How can a cookie that's so chewy, moist and decadent make me pirouette around the kitchen as I eat them?! Maybe because it contains several of my favorite baking components...oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate? Who doesn't love that combination?!

I had thoughts of changing the recipe around a bit but decided to make it as is and I'm sure glad I did. Thank you, Jose Bowen, for sharing such a wonderful recipe. This one is definitely a keeper and I'll be making this often =).


Here's what you need and what you need to do:

INGREDIENTS
`1 1/2 c old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant oats)
`2 c all purpose flour
`1 tsp baking powder
`1 tsp salt
`1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
`1 c granulated sugar
`1 c packed light brown sugar
`1 Tbs vanilla extract
`3/4 c peanut butter (I used low sodium crunchy pb)
`2 large eggs
`12 oz bag of semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine first five ingredients in a medium size bowl, stir with a fork to combine and break up any lumps.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars together till light and fluffy (approx 3-4 min).
4. Beat in vanilla and peanut butter. Add one egg, beat well, stop mixer and scrape down sides and bottom of bowl. Add second egg, beat well and scrape the bowl once again.
5. Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low until just combined. Add chocolate chips and mix until, again, just combined.
6. Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten balls slightly.
7. Bake cookies for approximately 15 minutes or till slightly golden. Rotate your pan half way through the baking process for even baking. Transfer to racks to cool completely.

ENJOY!

0 comments on "Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip Cookies"

Post a Comment